I always find on a Sunday afternoon that my mood can dip as the thought of another week looms over me, and the realisation that I can’t have a lie in for a few days hits me! So for today, I wanted to share a few festive things that I use to help boost my mood:
- Festive Spotify Singles: I absolutely LOVE all of the festive song covers they have on Spotify. As I’m writing this right now, I’m listening to George Ezra’s cover of A White Christmas, and it’s helping me get through a lot of essay writing! I can’t recommend these festive covers enough, I think there’s even a playlist on there which has all of them in one place, which will definitely help to get you feeling festive.
- A Chilly Walk: When it’s grey and rainy outside, you don’t really feel like venturing out into the cold, however I really like bundling up in a warm coat, scarf and gloves and going for a quick walk. This really helps me to clear my thoughts, and breathing in the cold air definitely wakes you up!
- Having a Cosy Evening: There’s only 9 days until Christmas now, and it’s only going to start getting more chaotic from here on in. I think this is the perfect opportunity to have a cosy evening in, so I am going to put on some fluffy socks, turn on the Christmas tree lights, wrap up under a blanket and watch something festive. The Gavin and Stacey Christmas special is definitely the next thing on my festive watching list!
- Eat Some Party Food: I don’t know about you, but one of my highlights of the festive season is the party food. I love any food that comes in miniature form, and now whenever I go to the supermarket, I get transfixed by the displays of beautifully arranged mini mac and cheese pots, burgers and beef wellingtons on the shelves. I’ve already bought some of those mini mac and cheese pots, so I might treat myself to a few!
- Watching/Reading Other Peoples’ Vlogmas and Blogmas: I love watching and reading about how people enjoy the festive season, and the Christmas challenges they do, and YouTube and WordPress are goldmines for this type of mood booster- I even used to watch Vlogmas videos in the Summer whenever I wasn’t feeling my best, to lift my mood! You almost feel like they’re your family as you’re watching them, which I think is so lovely. You can watch and read about people decorating gingerbread houses, doing a bit of Christmas shopping, wrapping their Christmas presents, it’s great for escapism for a few minutes.
So there are my recommendations for boosting your mood throughout December- let me know if you do any of these as well, or if you have any other recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
See you tomorrow,